We would like to take a minute to tell you a little bit about our company and philosophy
At Shamrock Tree Service, we have been serving residential and commercial customers in greater central CT since 2000. We are a family-owned business with close ties to our community. Owner, Chris Bergin has been working as a tree expert for well over fifteen years, forming a close relationship with our customers which is our recipe for our success.
We believe that protecting the health, beauty, and value of our communities’ trees is the highest priority. This is not a passing idea or catch phrase; they are the principles at the core of our philosophy. Trees are a natural resource that must be cherished, the care of which should never be taken lightly. These ideas transcend our work and our approach to tree care. Choosing to hire a company whose employees are passionate about their work and committed to advancing the care of your trees is important.
We invite you to see what sets us apart from other tree care companies and we look forward to serving you!
Code of Ethics for Connecticut’s Arborists
1) will utilize personal knowledge and skills for the greatest good to society.
2) will advance arboriculture by exchanging knowledge with other arborists and supporting arboricultural associations, publications, schools of instruction and plant research.
3) will be truthful in oral or written statements concerning the services he or she is qualified to offer and the benefits to the plants that may be expected therefrom; and will not falsely advertise as certified or licensed, or as insured unless the extent of coverage is clearly stated.
4) will discourage the promotion and use of techniques, methods and materials that have not been adequately tested and approved for arboricultural use by reputable plant scientists. Should an unproven technique, method or material appear to be the best choice, the client will be completely advised.
5) will base all expert testimony on adequate knowledge of the subject and on substantiated facts; and will render an opinion according to honest convictions.
6) will refrain from expressing an opinion on a technical subject, either orally or in writing, unless informed concerning the matter; and will not distort or withhold relevant data to substantiate a point of view.
7) will be loyal to clients or to the employing organization and will faithfully perform work assignments.
8) will, if a technical judgment in arboricultural matters is overruled by a non-technical authority, present in a clear manner the consequences that may be expected to occur as result of deviating from the procedures and policies which are believed to be correct.
9) will not, if employed as an arborist in a public capacity, compete unfairly with arborists in private business; and will not favor one arborist, group of arborists or tree care service above others in the community where all are equally qualified and available.
10) will avoid making unfounded statements which, in any way, might injure the professional reputation of another arborist.
11) will not reduce the quoted fee for a specific job due to being informed that another arborist has quoted a lesser fee for the same job.
12) will, if engaged in the private practice of arboriculture, refrain from reviewing the work of another private arborist or the latter’s employer, but will refer the review of the work to a qualified person not engaged in private arboriculture.
13) will not offer employment to an employee of another arborist without the latter’s knowledge, but will instead endeavor to train employees wherever possible.
14) will uphold the principle of appropriate and adequate compensation for those engaged in arboricultural work, as essential to the maintenance of high standards within the field of arboricultural endeavor.
15) will conduct all matters relating to technical arboricultural activities, business operations and civic responsibilities in a manner that will further the status of arboriculture as a respected profession.
16) will, if performing tree care services in the State of Connecticut for hire, recognize the responsibility to be licensed by the State of Connecticut.